- 2 kg chopped ripe tomatoes
- 500 g sliced brown onion
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 750 g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
1. Use a large bowl
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and salt.
- Stand for ½ an hour.
2. Use a large heavy-based saucepan
- Pour in the the tomato and onion mixture
- Add enough vinegar to just cover the mix.
- Boil for 10-30 minutes until the mix reaches the desired consistency.
3. Add Sugar
- Boil for 15 minutes, stirring to ensure the mix does not stick.
4. Use a bowl
- Add 2 cups of liquid from the saucepan.
- Add the mustard powder, curry powder, flour and combine.
- Add to the saucepan and stir in.