Super Crisp Roast Potatoes
Crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these roast potatoes take a bit of effort but they are special.
- 1 Medium saucepan
- 1 Oven Tray at least 5cm(2") deep
- 4 whole potatoes Large Sebago or Golden Delight - peeled
- 250 grams beef dripping also known as tallow
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 sprigs rosemary
Cut and rinse
- Cut the potatoes into rough 4cm pieces4 whole potatoes
- Place in a bowl and rinse under slow running water until the water runs clear. This removes the excess starch and allows for better drying.
- Then place in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are nearly falling apart.
- Carefully drain the potatoes so they do not break up.
- If time allows, let them cool on a wire rack then place them in the fridge until they are ready to cook. This will assist the drying process.
- Pre Heat the oven to 250C
- Gently heat the beef dripping in an oven tray. When melted, add the potatoes and coat thoroughly with the dripping.250 grams beef dripping, 4 whole potatoes
- Place in the oven. for an hour to an hour and a half. Gently turning every 10 mins or so. Remove when the exterior is golden and crisp. If in doubt, cook for a little longer.
- Remove and drain on paper toweling,
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle generously with salt and garnish with rosemary sprigs.2 tsp salt, 4 sprigs rosemary