Roast tomato soup
A fantastic rich soup for cold days and nights. It's also pretty good served cold in Summer!
- 1 Large roasting tray
- 1 Large saucepan
- 1 Stab mixer
- 12 whole tomatoes halved
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 knob ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- 1 whole red chilli deseeded
- 2 whole red onion peeled and quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup white wine dry
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 handful coriander leaves chopped
Roast the vegetables
- Place the tomato halves, face up in the roasting tray along with the ginger and garlic bulbs. Add olive oil and mix and season with salt and pepper.12 whole tomatoes, 1 bulb garlic, 1 knob ginger, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper
- Place the tray in an oven at 180 ℃ (360℉) and cook for 20 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place red onion and chilli in the roasting tray. Cover chilli and onion with olive oil and season.1 whole red chilli, 2 whole red onion, 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- Return the tray to the oven at 180 ℃ (360℉) and cook for another 25 mins.
Prepare the roasted vegetables
- Remove and peel the ginger and garlic then add to the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and chilli to the saucepan.
- Deglaze the roasting tray with white wine and add to the saucepan along with the vegetable stock.1 cup white wine, 2 cups vegetable stock
Making the soup
- Blend all of the ingredients together in the saucepan using a stab mixer.
- Add the coconut cream (reserve a small amount to garnish the serving bowls). Season to taste.400 ml coconut cream
- Serve in bowls and garnish with coriander leaves, a swirl of coconut cream and Olive Oil.1 handful coriander leaves, 1 tsp olive oil