Brilliant Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
a fabulously simple dish that tantalises the palate
I have an online friend who comes from North Eastern regional France near Nancy, a riverfront city in the region of Grand Est. He is a chef and very passionate about his trade. Every now and then he shares a recipe he likes.
I’m glad he does because they are generally delightful. This chicken and chorizo pasta recipe is no exception, subtle yet full flavoured and brilliantly simple.
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into cubes
- 500g penne pasta, cooked as per packet instructions (see note)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 200ml thickened cream.
1. Heat a saucepan of water to a rolling boil
2. Heat a large heavy based fry pan on low heat
3. Add the Chicken
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook through completely
4. Add the cream
- Cook until the sauce has reduced slightly
5. Add the cooked pasta
- Stir to combine with the sauce
- Sprinkle the freshly grated Parmesan over the top of the pasta